Call: 0123456789 | Email: info@example.com

Month: August 2020


first_imgHaiti-based Sunrise Airways will soon launch a new nonstop service between Port-au-Prince, Haiti and Orlando, Florida beginning in October 2017.The new tri-weekly service marks the carrier’s first-ever flights between the U.S. and Haiti and will be the first-ever nonstop flight service connecting Orlando and Haiti.“For us, as an airline, and more importantly for the sizable Haitian community living in the Orlando area, these new flights are a tremendous development,” said Philippe Bayard, President of Sunrise Airways. “As Haiti’s hometown airline, Sunrise is especially proud to be the first to bring the convenience of nonstop service between Port-au-Prince and Orlando to the Central Florida market.”The new scheduled service is slated to begin October 17, 2017, subject to government approval, with seats projected to be available for bookings in mid-June.“No longer will travel to Haiti require a trip to Miami first. This new non-stop service is not only convenient but also helps to further strengthen the bonds between our two communities,” says Phil Brown, Executive Director of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority.Sunrise Airways will deploy an Airbus A320 aircraft along its new Orlando–Port-au-Prince route. The aircraft will feature two classes of service – business and coach – with maximum seating for 150 passengers.last_img read more


first_imgJrummi Walsh Jamaican-born athlete Julian Jrummi Walsh will represent Japan in the 4×400 meters men’s relays at the IAAF/BTC World Relays in the Bahamas. Walsh is the son of reggae drummer Emanuel Walsh, who married a Japanese woman and has lived in Japan for almost 20 years. The event will feature athletes from 40 countries compete across the two days to win the coveted Golden Baton and guaranteed qualification for the 4x100m and 4×400 meters at this August’s IAAF World Championships London 2017.last_img


first_imgPhoto Courtesy of Nationwide radio The controversial Muslim cleric, Sheikh Abdullah al-Faisal, will re-appear in a Jamaican court early next year after his extradition (from Jamaica) hearing on Thursday was postponed due to the ongoing industrial action by police officers.The extradition hearing is now set for January 4.Police officers have been reporting sick since Monday over dissatisfaction increased wages and their actions have affected the operations of the courts across the island.In August, Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., and New York City Police Commissioner James O’Neill said Shaikh Faisal, also known as Trevor William Forrest, used his network to aid the Islamic State.They said Faisal had been indicted with soliciting or providing support for an act of terrorism in the first degree as a crime of terrorism and other charges.The indictment follows a yearlong investigation by the New York Police Department (NYPD) Intelligence Bureau and the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office’s Counter Terrorism Program, which was created in June 2015 to identify and pursue investigative leads related to home-grown terror plots, extremist activities and terror-financing.In September, Justice Broderick Smith denied bail to the cleric after hearing arguments in a Corporate Area court.Also on Caribbean National Weekly:  Deported Jamaican Islamic cleric charged for helping ISIS terrorist grouplast_img read more


first_imgThe Jamaica government says it will provide a further J$70 million to assist farmers in the parish of Trelawny with the transportation of sugar cane to the Appleton Estate and Worthy Park factories this year.Agriculture and Fisheries Minister, Karl Samuda, said the government is cognizant of the challenges being faced by farmers since the shutdown of sugar production at the Clarks Town-based Long Pond Factory in the parish a few years ago.“I have been able to support you, so far, and I could never turn my back at this stage when things are so difficult. And, that is why I said to the permanent secretary, only two days ago, that we cannot leave the farmers of Trelawny to suffer the consequences of not having the resources to transport the cane.“And so, we decided that we are going to provide the same amount that we provided last year, which was J$70 million. I had said J$50 million, but I told him, add J$20 million to it, so that we can be assured that all the farmers’ cane will be transported to the factory,” Samuda said at the opening of the 63rd Hague Agricultural and Industrial Show in Trelawny.He recalled the efforts of the government to keep the Long Pond Sugar Factory open during its first year in office, noting that he had indicated, at the time, that this could not be continued, as the “cost of keeping it open was too great for the Government to underwrite”.He said as a consequence the ministry had moved to provide money to assist small farmers in particular, to transport the sugar cane from Long Pond to Appleton Estate in St Elizabeth and Worthy Park in St Catherine.last_img read more


first_imgSandals Resorts International has made an upfront purchase of more than J$3 million worth of Irish potato seeds, which have been handed over to local Jamaican farmers.Chairman of the Tourism Linkage Council, Adam Stewart, who is also Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Sandals, in recognizing the link between tourism and agriculture, noted that this equates to 1,300 bags, capable of planting 40 to 50 acres and expected to yield 700,000 lbs of potatoes.“These can be stored for up to one year. Five farmers will benefit in this initial phase, but this figure will grow as the program evolves to include other items of produce,” he said, while addressing a recent press conference.“The initial outlay of funds is a win-win investment with payback of the initial sum from the farmers to Sandals set to commence in instalments after the first reaping, estimated to be 10 to15 weeks from planting,” he said.PM calls for tourism, agricultural partnershipThe Sandals initiative comes against the backdrop of a call by Prime Minister Andrew Holness, on March 7 at the official opening ceremony of the 35th Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Regional Conference for Latin America and the Caribbean at the Montego Bay Convention Centre in the western parish of St. James, regarding the strengthening of the partnership between tourism and agriculture.“This Government recognizes the importance of leveraging partnerships to achieve growth and development. There are important investment roles for both the public and private sectors to help transform our agricultural sector to one that is competitive, to alleviate food security risks, and for overall increased contribution to economic development,” Holness said.“As we seek to modernize our food-production processes to address hunger and malnutrition, to promote rural development, and to be climate resilient for greater and lasting impact, the power of partnerships is a necessity,” the Prime Minister added.Sandals to use only locally produced potatosMeanwhile, Stewart said the farmers will be the sole providers of Irish potatoes to the entire Sandals group, which comprise 11 resorts in Jamaica.This, he added, will further reduce the resort company’s import bill and create direct added revenue and market for “our local farming community and, ultimately, a boost to the local economy”.“The main aim is for Sandals to be 100 per cent supplied with Jamaica-grown Irish potato, with no further reason to import. This is a long-term sustainable program,” he said.last_img read more


first_imgThe confirmed Caribbean dates for Buju Banton’s Long Walk To Freedom Tour have been revealed.This week, Buju Banton and team released further Caribbean tour dates via the artiste’s social media channels. Following his first performance slated for Kingston, Jamaican on March 16 at the National Stadium,  Buju will perform in Nassau, Bahamas. On April 21, he will be welcomed in Trinidad at a highly anticipated performance at the Queen’s Park Savannah.Less than a week later, on April 27, Buju will be in Barbados, taking the stage at the famed Kensington Oval. Then, on May 4 Buju will be in Paramaribo, Suriname for a performance at the Andre Kamperveen Stadion.On May 11, the performer will showcasing his musical expertise in St. George, Grenada at the National Cricket Stadium. In June, the performer will be gracing stages in Tortola, British Virgin Islands on June 15, and on the 29th in St. Kitts at the Kim Collins Athletic Club. Event organizers will be releasing more tour dates in days to come.last_img read more


first_imgLisa Wickham, interim Chief Executive Officer of TTT LImited Last week a major change unfolded for Trinidad and Tobago’s film and television industry, when Trinidad and Tobago, TTT Ltd., and the Filmmakers Collaborative of Trinidad and Tobago (FILMCO) signed an unprecedented partnership agreement. The arrangement puts local content producers at the forefront of TTT’s programming and promotional schedules, a promise that took root in August 2018 during the launch of the rebranding of the station from Caribbean New Media Group (CNMG) to TTT Limited.Creating a sustainable ecosystem for film & TVFounded in January 2017, FILMCO is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a sustainable ecosystem for film and television producers and directors in Trinidad & Tobago and the wider Caribbean, and to being a leader in the sustained development of a diverse audio-visual industry.The deal between the two organisations will allow for the payment of licensing fees to filmmakers, coordinated and curated by FILMCO, based on content type and duration. It will also see local content given pride of place on TTT three nights a week during prime time, in the first instance.Fulfilling the mandate of local contentTTT’s Chairman, Lisa Agard, says, “Partnering with FILMCO is instrumental in fulfilling the mandate of having local content at the centre of the network’s programming. We are excited that TTT is able to contribute to the growth of our local film industry. Our local actors, producers and storytellers will now be featured on free to air television in every home in Trinidad and Tobago; and that’s something worth celebrating!”Local film industry veteran and founding member of FILMCO, Dion Boucaud adds, “This deal lays the foundation for the development of a sustainable industry – one which will support jobs in every sector of the society and train, inspire and provide a platform for this and future generations of storytellers.”Long overdueAccording to FILMCO’s Danielle Dieffenthaller – an independent producer and director – “This deal is fifty years overdue! It allows us to earn a living in our field and to see ourselves, once again, on our television screen. It also allows a new generation to understand themselves as Trinbagonians while instilling a renewed sense of national pride.” Following on the heels of the launch of TTT Limited, there is new confidence that local content is key to shaping the development of our society. Newly appointed Acting CEO, Lisa Wickham added, “I am pleased that TTT can create a space and platform where local content can be showcased because this is the direction in which we’re heading as a network.”last_img read more


first_img Submit Genesis to appeal UKGC’s ‘disproportionate suspension’ July 23, 2020 Share Share Betsson rolls out new Group Affiliates site August 7, 2020 StumbleUpon Related Articles TVBET passes GLI test for five live games in Malta and Italy August 25, 2020 Nicky Senyard, Income AccessOnline casino Shadow Bet has launched a new affiliate programme with Income Access, the iGaming-focused marketing software provider which is part of the Paysafe Group.The launch of the Shadow Bet affiliate programme allows all new affiliates to take advantage of a 45% revenue share promotion during their first three months with the programme.Following the promotion, commissions will revert to a standard revenue share of between 25% and 45%, depending on the number of new depositing players they refer per month.Shadow Bet, a Malta-based online casino brand operated by Damigur Holdings Ltd, is RNG certified and holds licenses from the UK Gambling Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, and Curacao eGaming.The brand, which features a system of gamification providing players with additional prizes, offers a range of casino classics to choose from, including slots, jackpots and table games such as roulette. Themed games include Starburst, Mega Fortune and Dead or Alive.Shadow Bet also gives players the opportunity to take part in live casino events and wager as they happen. The brand supports a wide range of languages, including English, Swedish, Polish and German. Finnish, Norwegian, Spanish and Portuguese languages will be added in 2017.Artur Różycki, Shadow Bet’s Head of Affiliates, said: “We chose to partner with Income Access to launch our affiliate programme as it is a very solid affiliate technology firm with strong experience in the market. We look forward to our partnership with Income Access having a strong impact on our overall player acquisition.”Nicky Senyard, Managing Director of Income Access, added: “Shadow Bet is an important new technology partner for us as a company. Based on its customer retention and gamification, Shadow Bet offers a significant opportunity for online casino affiliates in the European market.”last_img read more


first_img StumbleUpon SkillOnNet powers Royalbet’s Europe launch December 17, 2019 SBC Digital Summit: A crash course in adaptability and resilience  April 27, 2020 Yggdrasil Gaming selects SBC Summit to showcase latest innovations February 17, 2020 Related Articles Share Submit Share Fredrik Elmqvist, YggdrasilIndustry content and platform provider Yggdrasil Gaming has launched a new business initiative ‘Yggdrasil Dragons’ that will engage, work with and support mutually beneficial partnerships between the supplier and other sector entrepreneurs and new businesses.The Yggdrasil Dragons programme will give its new partners access to Yggdrasil’s leading technical framework, robust licensing structure and further access to the firm’s operator networks and development teams. Furthermore, Yggdrasil governance will commit direct funding to projects and new business initiatives where necessary.The idea behind Yggdrasil Dragons is to allow entrepreneurs and gaming businesses with new and exciting ideas to access vast resources, experience, and knowledge to ensure their proposition have an optimal chance of reaching market.Opening its new business programme, Yggdrasil management will consider a number business proposal, with the firm stating that it is on the lookout for initiatives/projects that will enable Yggdrasil to enter new markets and product verticals, as well as gaining access to innovative technologies and tools that will enhance the player experience.Yggdrasil further details a keen interest in both live and social products and technologies.Fredrik Elmqvist, CEO at Yggdrasil Gaming, said: “The online gambling industry is fiercely competitive, and we often see individuals and businesses with great ideas fall by the wayside simply because they don’t have access to the right support and assistance to get their proposition off the ground.“Over the years, Yggdrasil Gaming has built a solid and successful business that includes a powerful technical framework, licensing capabilities in markets all over the world, and a team of talented and amazing professionals that continue to drive us forward. We want to open this up to other entrepreneurs and gaming firms to help them achieve their goals.“We see this as being mutually beneficial. Our partners can tap into our resources and experience, and in turn we gain access to new game verticals, products, features, tools and ideas. We believe this is an efficient and effective strategy to grow the Yggdrasil business without having to acquire companies and take on the risks that come with M&A.”To find out more information on the Yggdrasil Dragons programme. click on the banner below…last_img read more


first_img Related Articles StumbleUpon Share 888 calls for Betgenius sportsbook makeover June 25, 2020 Gamesys tops list for GambleAware Q1 donations July 10, 2020 Submit 888 appoints VC expert Limor Ganot as a corporate advisor July 20, 2020 Share Shares in FTSE250 online gambling group 888 Holdings have tumbled following reports that the O Shaked family have sold their entire stake in the company this week.Yesterday the O Shaked Share Trust, which represents family members of deceased 888 Co-Founder Aharon Shaked initiated a sell-off of 46 million shares (12.9% equity) at a target price of 243 pence apiece.The family trust is reported to have netted approximately £112 million from the share sale. This June, the O Shaked family sold 40 million 888 shares at 270p, earning + £100 million.Reacting to the O Shaked family sell-off, 888’s share price fell 6% to 242p as of Wednesday’s London market closing time.The total sell-off sees the family of Avi Shaked (brother of Aharon), maintain the largest stake in 888 Holdings retaining a 24% equity. In 2016, the Ben-Yitzhak brothers reduced their family stake to a 3% holding.888 has suffered a turbulent 2017, in which the company has been reprimanded for ‘serious failures’ in its social responsibility with regards to its handling of vulnerable customers.This September the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) fined 888 a record £7.8 million, following its investigation of the operator’s multiple player protection failures.888 governance would report corporate losses of $17 million for its H1 2017 results, stating that the company had been significantly impacted by ‘exceptional costs’ of +$50 million recorded during the period.last_img read more