Call: 0123456789 | Email: info@example.com

Category: sccuwgoz


first_imgWhile most of it has remained in Rome,the return of the small fragment was widely celebrated by Christians in theregion.(BBC) The relic had been in Rome since the7th Century. A fragment of a wooden relic, reputed to be from Jesus’ manger, is displayed ahead of its transfer to Jesus’ birthplace in Bethlehem for the official launch of Christmas season on Nov. 29. REUTERS/AMMAR AWAD Officials said it would now be kept inthe Franciscan Church of St. Catherine, next to the Church of the Nativity,where tradition says Jesus was born. VATICAN City – A fragment of woodbelieved to have formed part of Jesus’ manger is set to be returned toBethlehem after over 1,000 years in Europe. It was briefly put on display inJerusalem before continuing its journey to Bethlehem to coincide with the startof Christmas celebrations there. Pope Francis ordered the return of thethumb-sized relic from Rome’s Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore as a gift.  last_img read more


first_imgThe training, which will be done percluster, will first benefit the locals in the villages of Bolo, Dagami,Trangka, Nagba, and Daja. The upcoming road development project inTrangka village will also allow more government agencies that will aid bamboogrowers./PN Amboy bared the cooperative has a P11-billionasset which some can be allocated for a “One town, one product” program. Starting May this year, Amboy saidbamboo growers and the locals will receive product development training fromthe local government unit and the partner academe, the Iloilo Science andTechnology University. “We will conduct training to the localsand we will develop the skills for them to produce marketable products and notsettle on raw materials only,” he said. The town’s bamboo production, accordingAmboy, can reach more heights through tapping the help of the academe andcooperatives. The mayor said the Department ofAgriculture Secretary William Dar has also declared bamboo as a high-valuecrop.Amboy is planning to approach Dar for any possible help to bamboo farmers. The local government unit has allotedaround P4 million for the training. With 4,000 hectares of land areadedicated to naturally growing bamboo, Amboy said the Department of Environmentand Natural Resources Secretary Roy Cimatu has proposed making the island asthe country’s bamboo capital. “For how many years, we saw that wesettle in the raw materials. It’s just the basics of cutting off the bamboo andselling it at low prices,” Maasin mayor Francis Amboy said Friday. “We will start here because we see thatthe people in these villages still have interest in bamboo production,” hesaid. ILOILO City – As the top producer of bamboo in Panay Island, the localgovernment of Maasin in Iloilo will further boost its bamboo industry throughproduct development training for villagers. The finished bamboo products that willinclude souvenirs and furniture, among others, will be marketed through thehelp of the Maasin Kawayan Cooperative.last_img read more


first_imgKatherine Strasemeier, who graduated from Oldenburg Academy in 2012, returned to speak about her career during Career Guest Speaker Week. Katherine works in the Febreze division of Proctor & GambleOldenburg, In. — As part of the Oldenburg Academy College to Career Readiness Program, Oldenburg Academy students had four days of Career Guest Speakers during the first annual “Career Guest Speaker Week” in October. During the Catholic college-preparatory high school’s REACH time, students spent 30 minutes listening to college-career guest speakers. Over 40 speakers joined the week. Doctors, nurses, lawyers, educators, pharmacists, athletic trainers and entrepreneurs were just a few of the professionals that shared thoughts with students.Oldenburg Academy’s College to Career Readiness Program was launched this year, allowing all students to explore college-bound careers. The program entails a REACH time, where students spend 30 minutes a day doing things like Indiana Career Explorer, preparing for standardized tests, perfecting college applications and focusing on their future college-major and career choice. As freshmen, sophomores and juniors complete activities, they prepare for making an internship decision for their senior year. All OA students are placed in community-based internships, or are given a capstone project to participate in their senior year. Jonathon Maple, Assistant Principal, is in charge of the Career to College Readiness Program. He reports, “We are so pleased with the program so far – we know that we offer a strong college-preparatory curriculum, but we want to ensure that our students are entering college knowing their intended major and will be set up for success not only in college, but their career as well.”Rob Shane, Director of Technology Solutions, at Batesville, takes questions from students after his presentation during Career Guest Speaker Week.Career Guest Speaker Week was just one of the many activities that students have participated in to further prepare them and excite them about their future. “It was a huge success – anytime that we can excite our students about their future, and give them memorable opportunities to learn from the community, we know it will have a lasting impact,” Maple said. Anyone who is interested in participating in the Oldenburg Academy Spring Career Guest Speaker Week can contact Maple at jmaple@oldenburgacademy.org.last_img read more


first_imgThe 2019 Special Olympics Indiana Ripley Ohio Dearborn held their annual Polar Plunge at The Versailles State Park.The early preliminary total of money raised was around $40,000.Many awards were presented during The After Splash Bash.Golden Bear Award for the largest team was The Hot Rods with 20 participating plungers.Individual raising the most money was Matthew Menchoffer with $3,010.Most money raised by a team was The Knights of Columbus with $10, 284.Public Safety Challenge Award was The Greensburg Police Department with $1,600.Star Student was Haley Sparks from South Dearborn.The Top Cool School and overall school top money raiser was South Ripley with $3,324.WRBI’s own Caz Burdette was amongst the plungers again this year.last_img


first_imgRobert C. Heidlage, age 75 of Batesville, passed away on July 25, 2019 at The Waters of Batesville.  Bob was born to Carl and Barbara (Nee: Kerker) Heidlage on June 25, 1944 in Batesville, the eldest of three children.  He married Carla Barcus September 19, 1970 in Greensburg, Indiana.Bob was a member of St. Louis Catholic Church and was a 1962 graduate of Batesville High School. Bob served in the U.S. Navy for 4 years during the Vietnam War and was a member of the Prell-Bland American Legion Post #271.  He was a Batesville City Policeman in the Early 1970’s. “Blacksnake”, as he was known while driving, drove a truck and chauffeured for Hillenbrand Industries for 33 years. He was a big fan of Elvis Presley and Charlie Pride and Sunday morning concerts over breakfast were a weekly event.  Playing cards and reminiscing with his buddies over a few cold beers was a favorite pastime.  In retirement, Bob enjoyed volunteering at the Food Pantry, watching old westerns in between naps, and attending his grandchildren’s many sporting events.Bob is survived by his wife, Carla; sisters Sue (Wayne) Stearns of New Albany, Indiana, Becky (Bill) Mitchell of Lexington Park, Maryland; sons Robert C. II (Julia), Jeffery (Carol) and daughter Jill Belter, all of Batesville, and stepson Steven (Patty) Griffin of Byhalia, Mississippi, in addition to nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild.Visitation is Monday, July 29 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Weigel Funeral Home followed by the Mass of Christian Burial at 12:30 p.m. at St. Louis Catholic Church.  Burial will be in the church cemetery with military graveside rites conducted by the Prell-Bland American Legion Post #271 and the Ripley County V.F.W. Post #3183.  Memorial contributions may be made to The Salvation Army or Batesville Food Pantry.last_img read more


first_imgGreensburg, IN— Northbound S.R. 3 will close early Saturday in Greensburg for rail crossing resurfacing by Central Railroad of Indiana. The crossing is located on S.R. 3 between S.R. 46 and U.S. 421 in Decatur County.Northbound lanes of S.R. 3 will close at 6 a.m. on Saturday, October 19, and are planned to reopen the afternoon of Monday, October 21, weather permitting. Southbound traffic will not be affected.The detour for the closure is S.R. 46 to U.S. 421.last_img


first_imgON the heels of news that Guyana benefited to the tune of US$14M from the 2017 Hero Caribbean Premier League (CPL), the Hero CPL has announced that Trinidad and Tobago reaped even bigger financial benefits from the competition that ran from August 4 to September 9 last year.According to the CPL, T&T earned US$23,625,618 over the one-month period of the Caribbean’s Premier T20 competition.The Hero CPL spent US$ 4,493,849 in Trinidad & Tobago during the 2017 event, a 171 percent increase from what was spent by the tournament in 2014 and an increase of 71 percent from the figure that Hero CPL spent in the country in 2016.This figure has been arrived at by using organiser spend, visitor spend and media value and was calculated for Hero CPL by world-renowned researchers, SMG Insight.“Trinidad & Tobago has always been a huge part of Hero CPL, and staging the final week in the country this year saw a massive increase in our spend compared to 2016,” said Pete Russell, Hero CPL’s Chief Operations Officer.“We are very proud to be making such a positive impact on the Trinidad & Tobago economy and we are very grateful for the support we have got from the government and local population.”In addition to that economic impact figure, the Hero CPL directly involved 830 local personnel in Trinidad & Tobago, filled 9 323 hotel rooms during the 2017 event and showed matches staged in the country to a cumulative TV audience of 37.6 million.The value of the picture postcard exposure and mentions of Trinidad & Tobago from this coverage totalled US$ 2,810,996.last_img read more


first_imgAdvertisement 9y06qh22NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs85oygWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E9ozsx( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 5d5ymWould you ever consider trying this?😱3yCan your students do this? 🌚mqpbfRoller skating! Powered by Firework Indian skipper Virat Kohli commended the veteran wicket-keeper batsman in the press conference ahead of India’s first T20I against South Africa on Saturday saying, ‘he always thinks about Indian cricket and there is no replacement for experience.’ MS Dhoni who is on a sabbatical from cricket was heavily criticised for his performance in the World Cup for batting with a slow strike-rate.Advertisement “Experience is always going to matter whether you like it or not. Many players have proven in the past that age is just a number and even Dhoni has done that a lot in his career. One thing great about him is that he thinks for Indian cricket. When to stop playing cricket, is completely an individual decision. No one should give opinions regarding the matter,” Kohli said in the pre-match conference.Advertisement The 30-year-old earlier this week, posted a photo from the 2016 T20 World Cup match against Australia describing that Dhoni made him run like crazy in the match, on Instagram. However, netizens were quick to spread the rumour that the world cup winning captain might announce his retirement soon, which was ultimately rectified by Dhoni’s wife Sakshi who said, “it’s just rumours”.“I did not have anything on my mind, I was just sitting at home and I just uploaded the picture. It became news, it is a lesson for me about what I think about myself, the world does not necessarily see it that way. That game is very special, I have not openly talked about it so that is why I uploaded the picture but people took it otherwise,” Kohli confirmed.Advertisement   Advertisementlast_img read more


first_imgMicah May of L.V. Rogers and Taylen Hayaiw of Mount Sentinel won for the second time in as many races as the West Kootenay High School Cross Country circuit made a stop Wednesday in South Slocan.Mount Sentinel hosted the second race on the circuit at Slocan Pools course near FortisBC facility in South Slocan.May topped the Senior Boy’s division, edging teammate Kieran Marchand by more than a minute.May finished the 5.5 kilometer course in a time of 15 minutes, 47 seconds.Third in the race was Darian Johnson of LVR followed by Tibo Kohlmel.Aley Sukra of Salmo was fifth while Romel Butt of J.V. Humphries in Kaslo was sixth.Malte Liedtloe of LVR, Logan Rexan of Mount Sentinel and Martin Outearano of LVR rounded out the top ten. In the Senior Girls race, Hayaiw narrowly won the race by 33 seconds over Naomi Perkins of LVR.Hayaiw finished the race in a time of 21:03.Kolibri Drobisk of New Denver was third in the division followed by Rosie Velisek of Mount Sentinel in fourth.Elsa Hayaiw was fifth and Sydney Zimmer of LVR was sixth.In Junior Boy’s race, Matti Erikson of Trafalgar won for the second race ahead of Tanner Randa of Mount Sentinel second and Adam Kurch of Trafalgar third.Devon Duericher of New Denver was fourth while Bailey Rollick of Salmo was fifth.Avie Waterfall and Kiera Taylor of Trafalgar finished one-two in the Junior Girl’s raceSakura Azzorpardi and Amelre Treman, both of New Denver, took third and fourth spots.Chelsea Ginther of Salmo was fifth.The circuit shifts to LVR in Nelson for the next race Wednesday.last_img read more


first_imgThis erratic path it is explained by taking a look at the list of sports directors that Josep Maria Bartomeu has been hiring and firing for five years without letting any project settle. He arrived with Zubizarreta, which barely lasted a year because after the Anoeta crisis and the sanction against grassroots football he was fired. During the Rosell years, Zubizarreta dispatched directly with Bartomeu, who was, as he is now, sports vice president.After an interim without covering this place in which the Champions League was won and elections were called (even the managing board signed Arda Turan and Aleix Vidal on their own in an unprecedented event in the history of the club) Bartomeu trusted Robert Fernández, who also could not settle and was fired to place Pep Segura, which barely lasted a year. Now, its functions are covered by the tandem formed by Abidal and Ramon Planes.This way of doing things has led the club to those who arrive to dedicate themselves to undoing what their predecessors did. One signs Alcácer and another sells it, for example. One renews Marquis as a future option and another sends him to Juventus to incorporate Matheus Pereira to square accounts while signing King Manaj del Albacete to play in the subsidiary.Nor does anyone appear willing to assume the responsibility of signings such as Todibo, Wague or Aleñá’s exit while in base football things are not going much better and Víctor Valdés was hired as a youth coach and was fired as soon as Kluivert assumed the command of formative football without having any experience in this position.Before this aluminosis, neither Setién now, nor Valverde before have enough tools to be able to restore the building. Beyond the topicality of the first team, which wobbles after the change of coach, the reality is that the building shows signs of wear. The situation facing the newcomer Quique Setién has its origin in a lack of coherent sports policy and continued in time that also led Ernesto Valverde ahead.The current Barça problem is beyond who sits on the Camp Nou bench. A situation that the arrival of Setién will not solve because it is far above it. The preparation of the workforce and the last cases of the departure of Carles Pérez, Todibo and the exchange of Alejandro Marqués by Matheus Pereira respond more to cash emergencies than to sports policy however much from the directive the coach is designated as responsible for the first case.Since the achievement of the Triplet in 2015, Barcelona has spent 1,000 million euros on 24 signings, of which only 10 remain on the roster and only three of them (De Jong, Griezmann and Lenglet) have played more than 70% of the minutes this season. The rest (Umtiti, Dembélé, Semedo, Arthur, Arturo Vidal, Neto and Junior Firpo) cannot be consolidated as holders.On the other side, the list of players who have come out the back door in five years gives a dread: Arda, Aleix Vidal, André Gomes, Alcácer, Cillessen, Denis Suárez, Coutinho, Paulinho, Yerry Mina, Malcom, Todibo, Murillo and Boateng.last_img read more